Agenda items: Week Two

Day One:

1.  I want to read and conference with you about your "Letter to the Counselor."

2.  While you are waiting for your conference, I want you to partner up and work on Microsoft Word, specifically, I want you to learn how to properly format a quote for advanced practice.

Here's what I want.  I want each of you to pretend that you are 25 years later in life and that you are at THE HIGHEST LEVEL of your CAREER.  I want to you to say something "supah smaht" in that career field and I want your partner to quote from it.

Sample:

Miguel Yanagihara, my film colleague, indicated the following: "Lynchian's dynamics of light and dark really serve or undergird an overwhelmingly Manichean scope of the universe, one that is constructed via the polemnics of light and dark" (01).

I am trying to teach you some of the stylistic elements of "academese," which is like another language.

3.  I want you to finish as much as possible of Think-Write #1.  

4.  I want you to revise it.  #keepkickingbutt

5.  I want you to take a small field trip with me to the Study Hub 2nd Floor Lama so you know where I am during Office Hours and Emergency Study Hall.  #itsonlyhotfor5minutes


Day Two:

0.  Presentation about using resources, particularly regarding TRIO: 1st person to attend college; financial need; documented need for help/support based on differing learning style, etc.   (5-10 minutes)

Building on the momentum of today's ENG 100, which was fixated on description, I want you to do the following steps:

1.  Find me 5 pictures revolving around the given career.  Some of them can be positive, some can be negative, some can be memes.  #uptoyou

2.  Please do Mini-Assignment #ACTIVITY THREE:  Descriptive Day in the Life based on those pictures.
Create a highly-detailed descriptive "vignette" or "scene" from a day in the life of your selected career.  In other words, if you were to be a nurse in a residential care facility, you would describe your patients, your interactions with them, and the type of specific activities you would be assisting your patients.  Or, if you were a stage magician in Hawai'i, you would be walking us through a given trick that you are executing for an audience.  Suggested length: 2 pages, double-spaced.  

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

9-11 Week Agenda Items

ENG 98 OVERVIEW